Roof leaks can damage your home if the underlying cause isn’t discovered early on and promptly repaired. Water is the most common foe of most homeowners as it can enter the most vulnerable part of your roof. Once water gets in, its damage and destruction may be difficult to recognize as it can extend even far from the source of the leak. If you live in the Gold Coast area, it is best to ensure that you have a solid, watertight roof. Since heavy wind, rain and thunderstorms can easily ruin your roof, calling on roofing specialists Gold Coast wide will ensure that your roof will last for as long as possible. Roof leaks can destroy insulation, making it easy for black mould to breed. It can damage walls and ceilings as well as cause the wooden framing to rot. Even if you cannot see the leak during the inspection, as long as you can hear water leaking somewhere, you should promptly call Gold Coast roofing specialists to repair any leaks and ensure your roof is tightly sealed. Before calling for roofing specialists Gold Coast wide, take note of these common reasons for roof leaks. This will make it easier for the roofing specialist to assist you when you can identify the problem yourself.
- Aging roof. As much as you want your roof to last throughout your lifetime, it just isn’t possible as roofs also have their life expectancy. Old roofs are prone to damage as the materials used will get worn and old over time. However, if you have roofing specialists in Gold Coast to repair and maintain your roof, you can extend its lifespan with only minimal repair and replacements needed.
- Debris. Debris build-up, for example, twigs, leaves or pine needles can trap water against the roof and allow it to leak in. It’s vital to keep the roof clear to allow water to run off quickly. Trimming overhanging tree limbs will make it simpler to keep your rooftop free of debris.
- Complex roof architecture. Although you may take pride in your complex and beautiful roof architecture, every one of those valleys and slants can be a recipe for disaster if they are not appropriately sealed. Make sure to have leak barrier installed to keep water flowing off the roof. But this is not a task for amateurs. Make sure to call roofing specialists Gold Coast wide to ensure that your complex roofline is properly sealed.
- Poorly installed skylights. Skylights instantly transform your home from drab to fab. However, if your skylights are not properly installed, leaks can occur down the sides. The rubber seal surrounding the glass can also experience wear and tear over time. When you want to keep your skylights for aesthetic and practical reasons, make sure to check for cracks in the flashing regularly.
- Cracked Chimney. Your chimney is made of mortar and brick that may erode easily in harsh weather conditions. Make sure to search for signs of wear and tear along the mud cap or the mortared part on the topmost part of the chimney. You should also check for openings in mortared joints where the chimney connects with the roof.